Monday, January 29, 2007

Week 8

Item # 18

I can see how useful Zoho writer, or Zoho sheet, or Zoho planner can be. I've signed-up for all three. I also played around with Google Docs. I don't know how much I will use these tools but I can envision how these free online software applications might truly "level the playing field" for people who do not own their own computers. The only (slight?) hitch I see is that - as with most online services - an email account is required to sign-up for continued access to these applications. Of course, that's not a problem for many. But there are still a lot of people out there who have no experience with email, and who may not realize how left-behind they are or soon will be.

Here is a document I created with Zoho writer and updated into my blog. It was really easy to use.

In Memory of My Brother Tom

You can shed tears that he is gone,
or you can smile because he has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember him and only that he's gone,
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back,
or you can do what he'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.



Item #19

I usually get most of my book recommendations from Amazon but I now have a new favorite place to browse..LibraryThing! I signed up for an account and added a link to my favorites...it's small now but it'll grow! I'm going to enjoy reading discussions about my favorites and finding out what other people have enjoyed reading. This is going to be very fun!


1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Wow - you are cruising through the 23 things! I love your photos, especially the pup. Keep up the good work!