Monday, January 22, 2007

Week 6

Item # 13

I listened to the tutorial, looked around using the SJLibrary Learning 2.0 account and set up my own account.
Del.icio.us is a great site for pulling and exploring a variety of your own personal sites of interest. Being able to bookmark and tag the sites gives you the opportunity to have your own resources no matter which computer you sit down to work on. Del.icio.us is a website that I will explore more in-depth.


Item #14

Technorati. I love it! Great site. It's well designed. User friendly. I like being able to see all of the tracking data and the mostly commonly searched tags and all of that. I enjoyed browsing through random blogs and just seeing what was happening. Very cool. I think I'd definitely revisit this site and play around for a bit longer. And the Entertainment section was great for us pop-culture junkies!


Item #15

What does Library 2.0 mean to me?
It means that libraries are changing more and more every day. They are changing in ways that we never knew could exist 40 or 50 years ago technologically. People can now access the library from home, on an airplane, or on a beach in the Caribbean.I read the article titled "To a Temporary Place in Time" and I agree with the writer in that libraries are not just IN communities, they ARE communities. You can definitely see that here at the Calabazas Branch.

No comments: